Thursday 19 January 2012

Quick Beef Vegetable Soup

Jeni says:

I just thought I would log in and quickly add a recipe, so we would have something on our recipes page.
This beef vegetable soup recipe is one of my favourites, because it tastes great... but also because it is so quick and easy to make. It is kind of cheating... but you can count it as homemade, and no one will ever know.
I made it for dinner tonight. I was scheduled to work the 1pm to 9pm shift, but we have a pretty big snow storm in our area today, and everyone who lived out of town was sent home early. So I got in at around 6, and put on a pot of soup for dinner. It is nice to have a nice warm pot of soup on a cold snowy night!

Here is the recipe:

1 carton of Campbell's Beef Broth
1 large can of diced tomatoes
1 medium sized steak, cut into pieces
                      -or-
1/2 pound ground beef, rolled into small meatballs
about 1 cup diced vegetables (what ever you have in the fridge)
1tbsp steakhouse pepper spice mix from Clubhouse (or your favourite brand)

Just mix it together, boil until vegetables are tender, and serve.

2 comments: